Monday, September 17, 2012

Another transfer in Ta Khmau

Me holding a random looking critter that's fried. I hope this doesn't disgust you too much and you will still love me, but that is a rat :-p. Don't worry, i've already sworn off to rat and dog for any future occurrence, just had to do it once.

Everything is going pretty great here in Ta Khmau. Had another sick week, this week it was Elder Meyers. Then i got sick again! I don't know what it is about Ta Khmau. I've barely gotten sick my whole mission but then I come here and i'm sick all the time. Luckily this one was a cold that came hard but lasted not even 24 hours. It was super nice.

Transfer calls were last night. The crazy thing I don't know if i even mentioned that last week because it snuck up so fast on me. Everything is absolutely the same. A very very small transfer this time around. So i will still be in Ta Khmau with Elder Meyers and the whole rest of the district is the same as well.

Rido came to church again yesterday! He came all 3 hours of church like he said he would. So far he has said he will do something and he has done it. This time he said next week he is going to bring his wife and kids with him next Sunday (they aren't members), which will be super exciting. I love that village out in Kah Ko. They all have so much faith. Probably the poorest people ever, but they spent money to go 11 kilometers to church. One man, who is in his fifties, rides to and from church every week. Take that dad :-) .

The things I've learned this week are enormous. So much so i can't share them. But i just want to share my testimony that I know this church is true. This week i've learned a lot about parenting ironically. I love my family so much. I'm so grateful to be in a family of all active members, who are sealed together. I'm grateful from this church, eternal families, and my parents. I love you all so much, i hope you have a good week.


Love, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment